Monday 13 May 2013

Rollende Keukens

The 9-12th May marked the sixth edition of 'Het weeked van de Rollende Keukens' or 'The weekend of the Rolling Kitchens' in Amsterdam. The park was packed with a wide range of mobile kitchens and transformed into an outdoor restaurant. There was live music, performances and enough drinks to make everyone merry. As you can imagine I was pretty excited !! I mean what more could you really ask for? This is surely every food lovers dream right??

After taking a walk around the park I decided to try some 'soul food'. I had a chicken curry roti and a ketjap  roti with beans, veg and chili and both tasted soo good. On an earlier post I talked about trying out some roti at a Surinamese restaurant, but this one tasted so much better!! As the chicken was placed inside the roti this time, it was full of flavour and the roti was just right. It definitely hit the spot!

I also tried some mini pancakes served with citrus jam and cream, the jam was a little too tangy for my liking and the pancakes were just ok.

Here are a few pictures of the day.































No comments:

Post a Comment