Saturday 2 November 2013

World Vegan Month

Hello Foodies!!

Happy New Month and Happy World Vegan Month! This month for me promises to be exciting as I will be participating in the Vegan Challenge !! This is basically where people around the world pledge to go vegan for 7-30days.

This means no animal products (fish, chicken, meat everything 'sheds a tear') and no dairy. I'm a meat eater so as you can imagine this month will definitely be a challenge but I'm really excited to try some new recipes and get cooking .

So why did I decide to do this ..?

Well firstly I'm the Vice - President of the Kent Foodians Society at my University and for us this was a challenge. I'm not an animal protester but I wanted to see if I could abstain from the things I currently eat and also include a whole new range of things into my diet that I've never made before.

So this week I've been shopping and just to name a few of the things I've bought : Chickpeas, butter beans, butternut squash, sweet potato, coriander , plantain and many more. Some of the above items I've never actually worked with before so this month should be fun!

If you've also made a pledge why not share some of your recipes ... I'll be blogging throughout the month to showcase my meals and also share how I'm finding being vegan!



No comments:

Post a Comment