Sunday 3 November 2013

Vegan Day 3

 Happy Sunday ,

So it's day 3 of my vegan challenge and I'm not sure if the days are going slow or fast but either way I'm still enjoying the challenge. I must admit I'm not finding it hard with the meals  but with snacking I definitely need more discipline. I have a tendency to put things in my mouth before realising I actually can't eat it *taps hand*.

Today at church I was helping out with the refreshments and I picked up a snicker (the small ones that come in the big tub of celebrations ) and I thought I would save it for after church so I did... and yup you guessed it was in my mouth finding its way into my digestive system before I realised I wasn't meant to eat it. I'm thinking maybe I should write on my right hand everyday 'I'm vegan' just as a reminder to myself .. what do you guys think..lol

My struggle aside today I was feeling for something a little light but filling so I made some spicy stuffed pitta with courgettes, some red peppers tomato and plantain and I must say they were actually quite tasty so there goes a new recipe added to my list .


Ingredients : 1 Courgette, Some red pepper, 1 tomato, 1 clove garlic, Some coriander,
1 tbsp Garam masala, 1 tbsp cumin, 3tbsp sesame oil and 4 slices of plantain

Mix the coriander, cumin, garlic , garam masala and oil together and then thinly slice the courgettes and mix in with the above. Then fry the courgettes adding in the tomato and red peppers for about 6-8mins. Fry the slices of plantain and then add altogether in a warm pitta and top with some sweet chilli. 





No comments:

Post a Comment